Ph.D., Applied Economics, Clemson University, 1980
M.R.P.A., Recreation and Park Administration, Clemson University, 1975
B.S., Recreation and Parks, Texas A&M, 1974
- 1991 - Present: Professor and Director, Center for Economic Education, Virginia Tech
- 1989 - 1992: Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, Texas A&M-Commerce
- 1986 - 1989: Assistant Dean, Arts and Sciences, Texas A&M-Commerce
- 1985 - 1991: Associate Professor, Agriculture, Texas A&M-Commerce
- 1983 - 1985: Assistant Professor, Agriculture, Texas A&M-Commerce
- 1981 - 1983: Assistant Professor, Food and Resource Economics, University of Florida
- 1978 - 1980: Instructor, Recreation and Park Administration and Tourism, Clemson University
- 2010 University Wine Award for teaching excellence.
- 2010 VT CALS Faculty Service Award
- 2008 and 2004 Students’ Choice Award by Virginia Tech Student Body.
- Congressionally-sponsored 2002 USDA National Award for Teaching Excellence for all fields of Agriculture, Natural Resources, Human and Veterinary Sciences.
- 1999 National Excellence in Program Evaluation Award from the American Evaluation Association.
- 1998 University Sporn Award for excellence in teaching introductory subjects at Virginia Tech.
- 1997 Outstanding Teaching Award from the Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Member of CALS and VT Academy of Teaching Excellence, 1998- Present.
- Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award in 1987 at Texas A&M - Commerce.
Center for Economic Education- write economics curricula for Middle and High School, conduct workshops and teach graduate courses for K-12 Social Studies teachers, serve on Board of Directors of Virginia Council on Economic Education.
Virginia Natural Resources Leadership Institute - 13th Year Training Federal, State & Community Practitioners of Environmental Conflict Resolution
Foundation for Teaching Economics - Training HS Teachers in Eastern European Transition Economies
University of Virginia - Semester-at-Sea 2010 and 2012